United Kingdom Travel Information
Filipina Summit delegates from outside the United Kingdom should check early with their travel agent or nearest U.K. Embassy or Consulate to be certain that all necessary steps are completed to meet visa requirements. Overseas visitors require a valid passport and may require other documentation such as an entry visa (ask your travel agent). If you have questions about travelling from another country, please check https://www.gov.uk/browse/visas-immigration/arriving-in-the-uk or the U.K. embassy or consulate nearest to you, or ask your travel agent.
Visa and Passports
To visit the United Kingdom, all travelers will need to meet some basic requirements:
- have a valid travel document, such as a passport
- have no criminal or immigration-related convictions
- explain to an immigration officer that you have ties, such as a job, home, financial assets or family, that will take you back to your home country
- explain to an immigration officer that you will leave the U.K. at the end of your visit
- have enough funds for your stay (The amount of money you will need can vary. It depends on things such as how long you will stay and whether you will stay in a hotel or with friends or relatives.)
Letter of Invitation
This document may be needed to apply for a business visitor visa.
If a Letter of Invitation is requested, please contact FWN. Please be informed that you will have to have paid the summit registration fees in advance, confirmed air and hotel reservations, before you will receive the Letter of Invitation. These documents [paid summit registration, air and hotel confirmations, and Letter of Invitation] may be required for attachment for a visa application. As visa requirements can take several weeks, Letters of Invitation will only be arranged until 31 July 2018. Letters of Invitation requested after 31 July 2018 cannot be provided unless waived by the FWN CEO or appropriate FWN Officer.