INTERCONTINENTAL TORONTO CENTRE
225 Front Street West, Toronto, Ontario M5V 2X3 | Phone: 1-416-597-1400 | Fax: 1-416-597-8128 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Experience the vibrant energy of downtown Toronto, when you stay at the 4-diamond InterContinental® Toronto Centre Hotel. Located just steps away from popular attractions like the CN Tower, the Air Canada Centre and the Rogers Centre, the upscale hotel offers the perfect combination of contemporary elegance, luxurious comfort and modern convenience right in the heart of the city. Scroll down for ground transportation from Toronto Pearson International Airport to hotel.
Guests of the Filipina Leadership Global Summit receive a FWN special daily room rate of $249 CAD for single/double occupancy. Rate is in Canadian dollars and subject to hotel and local fees and taxes. Rate is subject to a $30 CAD charge for each additional adult over double occupancy, to a maximum of three persons per room. Guests receive IHG points for their stay - provide your IHG# when you reserve your room online.
Room amenities include complimentary wired/wireless internet access in guest rooms at no charge (a $13.95 CAD per day savings). Guests will enjoy complimentary access to 24-hour fitness centre, high-tech business centre and a relaxing indoor swimming pool. Experience well-deserved rest and relaxation at The Spa InterContinental, an Aveda concept Spa, featuring soothing massage treatments, a 48 foot saline pool, salt hot tub and a scenic terrace.
Check in time is 3pm on the day of arrival. Check out time is 12pm on the day of departure. Early arrivals or late departures may require an additional night's charge. Upon hotel check-in, the hotel will require a credit card or cash deposit for incidental charges.
The special room rate is available to Summit attendees three (3) days prior and three (3) days after the Summit dates (subject to availability of guest rooms).
To receive the special FWN Filipina Leadership Global Summit room rates:
- Make your reservations before Tuesday, 12 September 2017, the cut-off date for the special FWN group rate. October is a high convention season in Toronto so reserve your room NOW.
- Make your reservations directly with the Intercontinental Toronto Centre through the special reservations link for the Summit at https://aws.passkey.com/go/FilipinaWomensNetwork.
- You may also call the hotel reservations desk at 1-800-235-4670 or 1-416-597-1400. Identify yourself as a delegate of the 14th Annual Filipina Leadership Global Summit.
Room Reservation Policy: Reservations require full prepayment of first night's deposit, at the time of booking. First night's deposit is fully non-refundable/non-transferable. Cancellation of individual guestrooms will be subject to a one night Room and Tax penalty. Requests for early check-in will be subject to availability and may require an early check-in fee. Early departures (from confirmed departure date) may also incur an early departure fee. Please refer to your room reservation confirmation for complete details.
skyteam is the Official Alliance Network for air travel of the 14th Filipina Leadership Global Summit.
Our registered Global Meetings event offers you attractive airfares. Take advantage of exclusive discounts up to 15% in both Business and Economy Class.
To book your air travel now, visit http://res.skyteam.com/Search/promoDefault.aspx?vendor=sky&promocode=3590S OR go to www.skyteam.com/globalmeetings and enter our Event ID 3590S
By booking and buying your airline ticket via the dedicated link, you will benefit from:
- Savings – take advantage of exclusive discounts up to 15% in both Business and Economy Class; no fee for your online bookings.
- Convenience – book the most convenient itinerary online with any of the 20 SkyTeam member airlines.
- Reward Miles – earn Miles on your frequent flyer program of a SkyTeam member airline and save on your future travels
- Valuable services – SkyTeam Elite Plus, First and Business Class customers will experience SkyPriority, the alliance network red-carpet treatment, and will get access to the exclusive SkyTeam lounges.
- SkyTeam network – travel to your event from virtually anywhere in the world with over 16,270 daily flights covering more than 1,050 destinations in 179 countries.
Air Canada is the Official Canadian Airline of the 14th Filipina Leadership Global Summit.
Summit attendees will benefit from an instant online registration and enjoy a 10% discount on eligible fares.
The Meeting special fare DISCOUNT is valid for travel from various origins to Toronto, Canada within Air Canada's extensive North American and international network.
- The booking is to be made to the following city: Toronto, YYZ (ON)
- The travel period begins Wednesday, October 18, 2017 and ends Sunday, November 05, 2017.
- Travel is valid Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday.
- No discount will apply to Tango bookings for travel within Canada or between Canada and the U.S.
- Promo discount can apply to Air Canada 4-digit flights operated by Air Canada’s regional partners and Star Alliance carriers (e.g. AC* operated by United Airlines).
- Open jaw, circle trip, multi-city and interline itineraries are not eligible for this Meeting discount.
ESSENTIAL ENTRY AND VISA REQUIREMENTS FOR CANADA
Filipina Summit delegates from outside Canada should check early with their travel agent or nearest Canadian Embassy or Consulate to be certain that all necessary steps are completed to meet visa requirements. Overseas visitors require a valid passport and may require other documentation such as an entry visa (ask your travel agent). If you have questions about travelling from another country, please check http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/index.asp or the Canadian embassy or consulate nearest to you, or ask your travel agent.
United States - citizens
You do not need a visa or an eTA to visit or transit Canada.
- American citizens, including American-Canadian citizens, must and meet the basic requirements to enter Canada. You do not need a Canadian passport, a Canadian visa or an eTA to enter Canada if you are travelling with a valid U.S. passport.
- Naturalized U.S. citizens should also carry documents proving citizenship.
- Delegates driving north from Seattle to Vancouver may experience delays at the U.S./Canada border during peak times. Contact the Canadian Border Services Agency (link http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/ )
United States - permanent residents (Green Card holders)
- You need an eTA to visit or transit through Canada by air.
- If you travel by land or sea, you do not need an eTA. However, you must always travel with acceptable travel documents and identification.
Philippines - citizens
Letter of Invitation
This document may be needed to apply for a business visitor visa.
If a Letter of Invitation is required, please contact FWN. Please be informed that you will have to have paid the summit registration fee in advance before you will receive the Letter of Invitation. The Letter of Invitation is one of the documents that may be required for a business visitor visa application. As Visa requirements can take several weeks, Letters of Invitation will only be arranged until 31 August 2017. Letters of Invitation requested after 31 August 2017 cannot be provided.
Traveling with a child under 18 years of age to Canada
Foreign officials and transportation companies are vigilant concerning documentation for children crossing international borders. Generally, persons younger than 18 years of age are considered children. Unless a child is accompanied by both legal parents, the following documentation should be carried by the child or the accompanying adult:
- a valid passport or proof of citizenship for the child
- a legal document proving that the child has the permission of the lawful parent(s) or guardian(s) to travel and includes contact phone information for the parent(s) or guardian(s). Such a document must be specific for each trip.
GETTING TO CANADA
Toronto is served by two airports. Toronto Pearson International Airport (YYZ), managed by the Greater Toronto Airport Authority is Canada’s principal airport with travel connections to every continent and ranks among the top 30 world airports in terms of passenger traffic and aircraft movements.
Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport (formerly Toronto City Centre Airport) is located on Toronto Island, minutes from the downtown core with links to the city by a short ferry ride and shuttle, and is served by both Porter Airlines and Air Canada.
Several highways, including Highways 2, 401, 407 and the Queen Elizabeth Way, link surrounding cities to Toronto. The nearest Canada-U.S. border crossings are at Niagara Falls, Fort Erie and Windsor.
When you enter Canada, a Canada Border Services Agency officer may ask to see your passport and a valid visa, if one is necessary. For information about documentation required and border procedures please visit the Canada Border Services Agency’s website.
Getting around toronto
GROUND TRANSPORTATION FROM Toronto Pearson International Airport (YYZ) to the InterContinental Toronto Centre, 225 Front Street West: 26 km / 16 miles to the hotel.
- UBER Car Service: your on-demand private driver. Download the app on your iPhone or Android and order your ride from your smartphone to receive your first ride free. If you're a member already, cost is approximately CAD $50-$60
- Train: Union Pearson (UP) Express offers express train service from Pearson International Airport at (Terminal 1) every 15 minutes to Union Station, located 1 block East of the Intercontinental Toronto. With only 25 minutes travel time, it is the fastest way to travel between the Airport and downtown Toronto. https://www.upexpress.com/ Cost one way ticket: Adult/Student - CAD $12; Senior CAD $6.
- Taxis are available at both terminals. Travel time - approximately 30-40 minutes. Cost: approximately CAD $60-$70
- A limousine transfer can be arranged in advance by the Intercontinental Toronto Centre Concierge team. The hotel will provide you with meeting instructions upon booking. Please note, a credit card is required to confirm the transfer. Travel time: approximately 30-40 minutes. Cost: CAD $75-$85 (plus 13% HST and gratuities)