Southwest Airlines is proud to be the official airline of the Filipina Women’s Network in the USA. Go to www.southwest.com for competitive rates.
Download the Southwest smartphone apps for iPhone, Android and Blackberry at http://www.southwest.com/html/air/products/mobile.html
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS (FOR NON-U.S. CITIZENS AND PERMANENT RESIDENTS)
All travelers to the U.S. must have a passport and visa to enter the country. For more information, visit the U.S. State Department’s travel web site at http://travel.state.gov/visa/temp/info/info_1304.html.
GROUND TRANSPORTATION FROM SAN FRANCISCO INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT (SFO)
UBER Car Service
- Uber is your on-demand private driver. Download the app on your iPhone or Android and order your ride from your smartphone to receive your first ride free.
- San Francisco Airport to Marines' Memorial is a flat rate of $65 on uberBLACK.
BART - Bay Area Rapid Transit
- BART operates rapid rail service to northern San Mateo County, San Francisco and the East Bay directly from SFO.
- The SFO BART station is located on the Departures/Ticketing Level of the International Terminal (Boarding Area G side). BART is easily accessed from any terminal by riding SFO's AirTrain to the Garage G/BART Station stop. There is no charge to board AirTrain.
- Take Bart to Powell Street exit and then walk about five short(ish) blocks to Marines' Memorial.
- Helpful website to plan your trip: tripplanner.transit.511.org.
- 1.800.258.3826 or go to www.supershuttle.com
- Upon arrival at the San Francisco Airport, you will need to call Super Shuttle and let them know you have arrived. Provide your airline and they will give you instructions where you will be picked up after you claim your luggage.
- Fare: $17.00 one way/ per person on a shared ride van. If you are a AAA member, and you book online, enter CSAA1 and receive a a $2.00 discount for a one-way trip. Also, you will need to make reservations with Super Shuttle for your return to the airport.
- Taxis depart from the designated taxi zones located at the roadway center islands, on the Arrivals/Baggage Claim Level of all terminals.
- Uniformed taxi coordinators are stationed at the taxi zones from 7:00 a.m. to 1:00 a.m. to assist passengers with questions or concerns.
- Taxis will cost approximately $55 per cab to the Mark Hopkins. If there are two or three of you traveling together, it might be worth the fare, but check with cab driver so you are NOT charged the $55 per person.
See more at San Francisco International Airport's (SFO) Transportation Services webpage at http://www.flysfo.com/web/page/tofrom/transp-serv/
Getting Around San Francisco
UBER Car Service
- Uber is your on-demand private driver. The latest service in San Francisco. Arrive in style. Better service than a taxi.
- Download the app on your iPhone or Android, and order your ride from your smartphone.
- To receive a $10 discount for your first ride, download the iPhone or Android app from https://uber.com/invite/ubermarily
- Base Fare: Start with this fare $5.75 (UBERx) $8.00 (Black) $15.00 (SUV); additional per mile charge
- Minimum Fare $10.00 (UBERx) $15.00 (Black) $25.00 (SUV)
- Cancellation Fee $10.00
You can generally hail a cab from any location in San Francisco. You can also call Yellow Cab at 415.333.3333 to request a pick-up.
- The nearest Muni/BART station is the Powell Street station. The Muni bus lines 1, 30 and 45 stop within one or two blocks (going uphill) of the Mark Hopkins.
- Muni bus & rail fare is $2. For youth, seniors, disabled, the fare is $0.75. Make sure you request a transfer ticket which gives you another free ride within 90 minutes of your first ride.
- More info about riding Muni buses and rail cars can be found at http://www.sfmta.com/getting-around/transit. More info about riding BART can be found at http://www.bart.gov/
- All cable car lines stop at the corner of California & Powell Streets, right in front of the Mark Hopkins. Cable car fare is $6. More info about riding cable cars can be found at http://www.sfmta.com/getting-around/transit/how-ride/how-to-cable-cars
- For other ways to get around San Francisco and the Bay Area, visit http://511.org.
- Get your personalized public transit directions using Google Maps at http://goo.gl/maps/SNu7D
APPS FOR IPHONE AND ANDROID SMARTPHONES
- Uber (car service) app – https://uber.com/invite/ubermarily
- 511.org transit app for all SF Bay Area transit agencies – http://511.org/apps-transit.asp
- Muni+ app for real-time bus schedules and live bus locations – http://muniapp.us/
- Routesy app for real-time schedules for Muni bus and BART trains (iPhone only) – https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/routesy-free-bay-area-san/id381982120?mt=8
- NextBus mobile site for real-time transit information for all San Francisco-Bay Area transit systems – www.nextbus.com
- SFpark app for real-time parking availability (street parking and garages) – http://sfpark.org/how-it-works/applications/
- Download the Southwest smartphone apps for iPhone, Android and Blackberry at http://www.southwest.com/html/air/products/mobile.html