The above is not an exhaustive list. In a large conference like the Summit, certain tasks may come up that need to be addressed quickly. We ask volunteers to be flexible and open with the kinds of tasks they are assigned.
Volunteers are asked to notify Summit staff if they are unable to complete specific tasks due to certain limitations. For example, we ask that volunteers indicate whether they are unable to lift items heavier than 20-50 lbs. or whether they are unable to sit (or stand) for long periods of time.
3. ATTIRE & COMPORTMENT
Volunteers should wear business casual attire with comfortable shoes. Volunteers may be standing and/or walking during a volunteer shift so dress comfortably but professionally.
Wear your name badge at all times. Wear a small cross-body shoulder bag to fit your cell phone and other items such as your ID, Summit schedule, business cards, a pen, post-it notes, small and thin notebook, etc.
No jeans, t-shirts, tank tops, sneakers, or flip-flops, please.
Volunteers should demonstrate experience with MS Office applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and GoogleDocs. Preferred knowledge and experience in social media: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn.
Volunteers are asked to familiarize themselves about the 14th Annual Filipina Leadership Global Summit: Filipinas in Motion: Advocating. Impacting. Leading. and the Filipina Women’s Network (FWN). Please visit the FWN website at http://www.FilipinaWomensNetwork.org and the Filipina Summit website at http://filipinasummit.org for an overview about FWN and the Summit. Be sure to read over FWN's mandates and programs here: http://www.filipinawomensnetwork.org/about-fwn/, especially the Pinay Speed Femtoring.
Summit guests will expect volunteers to know about Summit events and sessions and about FWN. Instead of “I don’t know”, a better response is “Let me get you the answer”. Print the latest Summit schedule, and carry with you at all times during a volunteer shift for reference as needed.
The Summit schedule will also be available via smartphone or tablet at http://filipinasummit.org/schedule
5. SPECIAL VOLUNTEER EXPERIENCE – "FWN INTERNS"
While we do need volunteers to bring their best skills to our team, we know that some also use the FWN Leadership Summit volunteer experience to explore, network, learn, and/or develop certain skills. We call these volunteers "FWN Interns".
We have a limited number of slots that allow FWN Interns to attend portions of the Summit in exchange for volunteering.
In exchange for attending one full day of the Summit, we ask FWN Interns to commit to a total of 16 hours.
There is no limit to how much of the Summit a scholar-volunteer can attend as long as she volunteers for the equivalent number of volunteer shifts. For example, to attend 2 full days of the Summit, the volunteer time commitment is 32 hours.
Requirements & Limitations
- FWN Interns must complete their volunteer time commitment prior to attending any Summit sessions. For example, to attend Summit sessions on Thursday, FWN Interns must complete their time commitment by Wednesday.
- Attendance is limited to full Summit days. No per-session or per-event attendance on different days is allowed.
6. SOCIAL MEDIA
Be sure to get connected with us on social media:
- Follow FWN, share and like Summit-related posts: @filipinawomen
- Use #FWNSummit2017 #GlobalPinayPower #FilipinaDISRUPTER #VWarrior
- Post about FWN's Filipina Summit on your LinkedIn page at least 3x before October 20.
By completing the Volunteer form, you agree to the following:
- Arrive at your designated volunteer location(s) 45 minutes before your volunteer shift and check-in with the volunteer coordinator, pick up your name badge, understand your volunteer tasks, check for any updates to the Summit schedule and for any other critical information you need to know.
- Serve out your volunteer shift time commitment in its entirety.
- Abide by the Volunteer Guidelines as outlined above.
- Uphold the values, philosophy, and purposes of the Filipina Women’s Network and the 14th Filipina Leadership Global Summit: Filipinas in Motion: Leading. Advocating. Impacting.
- If applicable, reimburse FWN for the cost of your Summit attendance if you attended Summit sessions/events but you were a no-show to your volunteer shift, cancelled your volunteer time commitment or failed to complete any part of your volunteer time commitment. You will be billed and an invoice will be sent to you. See http://ffwn.org/event-2323316 for associated fees.
- Attend the one-time mandatory volunteer orientation session at 5:00 pm on Thursday, October 19. Email ffwn.fellow9 [at] ffwn [dot] org to find the meeting location.
If you understand and agree to the above Volunteer Guidelines & Expectations, please complete the online Volunteer Form provided below.